Friday, October 3, 2008

Political Hybrid



See a hybrid car and it’s only natural to make certain assumptions about the driver’s politics and lifestyle. U.C. Berkeley license plate frame? Yeah, it figures.

Then there are the bumper stickers. The Republican bumper stickers.

Hey, what’s that inside the rear window? It’s an elephant stuffed animal wearing a Gabriella Holt button. (She’s the Republican candidate for the 54th state Assembly District).

So much for stereotypes.

(Click on the photo to enlarge. Car spotted at the Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber legislative luncheon at the Palos Verdes Golf Club).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud when I saw this blog. That is my Toyota Prius. I purchased that car in July 2001 as one of the first Toyota hybrids to enter Southern California. I love your analogy of my hybrid to my candidacy as a "political hybrid". Very clever! I am a political hybrid as evidenced by the picture in your post. I think I may adopt it as a campaign slogan. Thanks for noticing and publishing this very clever post.

Gabriella Holt
Republican Candidate, 54th Assembly District